School lesson plans and competition
Download our free lesson plans for schools here. Each lesson is designed so that students can produce a poster, a multi-media presentation or even a short film demonstrating their understanding of the issues surrounding modern slavery and human trafficking. Schools can submit their entries into the Migrant Help UK competition. The top four entries chosen by judges will win 8GB flash-drives for every student in class.
We hope you find these lesson plans, accompanying resources and further suggestions useful, interesting and motivational for your students. We welcome your feedback, comments and suggestions about the lesson plans, the exhibition and the subject matter in general at email@example.com
1. The competition is free to enter. Schools can submit a maximum of three entries.
2. Entries (containing school name, class and contact details) can be submitted by:
a) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
b) Post: Anti-slavery competition, Migrant Help UK, Charlton House, Dour Street, DOVER, CT16 1AT.
3. Closing date for entries is Friday, 27 January, 2017. The four winning entries will be notified after this date. The judges’ decision is final.
Competition Terms & Conditions
1. This competition is open to all schools in the UK. It is not open to employees of Migrant Help UK, their families or anyone associated with this competition.
2. By collecting the prize, the eligible entrant must agree to abide by each and all of these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Migrant Help UK reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions.
3. No purchase necessary – the winners will be the four entries which the judges decide best express an effective understanding of the issues surrounding modern slavery and human trafficking.
4. Closing date for entries is Friday 27 January, 2017. Winners will be notified after this date. Judges’ decision is final.
5. The winning schools must be willing for Migrant Help UK and partner agencies, such as the local media, to use their name and photograph in promotional material online and in print.
6. Migrant Help UK reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the charity’s website.
7. Migrant Help UK reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, the competition is not capable of being conducted as specified.
8. Migrant Help UK reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
9. The names of the winning schools may be disclosed to anyone who writes within one month after the published closing date and enclosing a stamped addressed envelope, to: Communications, Migrant Help UK, Charlton House, Dour Street, Dover CT16 1AT.
10. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
Promoter: Communications, Migrant Help UK, Charlton House, Dour Street, Dover CT16 1AT.